Friday, June 05, 2009

A Gentle Reminder


A few days ago, Peter from Worldman reminded his readers to go and play at Free Rice in order to help feed the hungry.

I'm glad he did as I had forgotten to do just that for a few weeks.
So, off I went and instead of playing the game in English, I tried the Spanish version. It was a lot of fun and I already improved my Spanish vocabulary.

What a excellent way to help feed the people and have fun at the same time.

It also reminded me of the sites where you click to donate to charities.So off I went again and started to click. This time I made a note to myself in my daily book to visit those sites EVERY day.

I figure that a few minutes of my time spent on those sites daily are a few minutes well spent.

Maria

3 Comments:

At Friday, June 05, 2009, Blogger Voegtli said...

And to answer your question: Yes, it really helps, millions of people are playing. And this donates a lot of money and means to WFP.

 
At Friday, June 05, 2009, Blogger maria said...

Peter,
Thanks for answering my question.

In this case, I will go "wild" on Free Rice.

Maria

 
At Friday, June 05, 2009, Blogger maria said...

twa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home