Friday, June 05, 2009

Did You Know?


Did you know...

"National Donut Day is celebrated on the first Friday in June? In 1917, Salvation Army female volunteers known as “lassies” prepared thousands of fresh donuts to the homesick soldiers that served in France during World War I. National Donut Day was officially established in 1938 by the Chicago Salvation Army to raise much-needed funds during the Great Depression." from the Lamars Donut & Coffee website

So today, go out and get yourself a Tim Horton's donut if you are a true Canadian.
Actually, there are also a few Tim Horton's coffee shops in the U.S.


I can't believe that per capita, Canada has more donut shops than any other country.
I guess that's why I see so many donuts shops when I go for my daily walk.

Maria

3 Comments:

At Sunday, June 07, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

And how many cops do you see every day at those shops?

 
At Friday, June 12, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First let me apologize for taking so long to get her. Your comment was put in my spam, why I don't know and I just found it this morning. I appreciate you stopping by. I love donuts...any kind LOL. Have a great day. Aloha

 
At Tuesday, June 16, 2009, Blogger maria said...

Jill,

Plenty of those!

Maria

 

Post a Comment

<< Home