Thursday, June 25, 2009

Quotes On Reading And Books




Books are the quietest and most constant of friends;
they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of
-Charles W. Eliot-

This will never be a civilized country until we expend more money for books
than we do for chewing gum.
-Elbert Hubbard-

A house without books is like a room without windows.
-Heinrich Mann-

Books are not made for furniture,
but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house.
- Henry Ward Beecher -

There are worse crimes than burning books.
One of them is not reading them.
-Joseph Brodsky -

When I get a little money, I buy books;
and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.
-Desiderius Erasmus 1466-1536 -
Clipart

4 Comments:

At Thursday, June 25, 2009, Blogger Voegtli said...

All these statements are so true. I am a big reader. A frustrated reader. Since years I don't seems to have time to relax and read a book. I think in the last 12 month I bought something like 20 books. I have not read any yet.

 
At Friday, June 26, 2009, Blogger maria said...

Good Morning Peter,

You MUST and I repeat you Must take time to relax more and read some of those books that you bought.

I can never sleep without reading first. You should try it, it's an excellent way to relax at night instead of watching boring TV.

Maria

 
At Tuesday, June 30, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

My daughter suggested "Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral". Very good, I'm taking notes. Also reading "The Fool's Progress: An Honest Novel".

 
At Sunday, July 05, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

Very good statements. I'm getting back into the habit of reading now that I have nothing else to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home